Friday, September 3, 2010

A 'major major' achievement

Venus Raj was declared the fourth runner up from the recent Miss Universe pageant held at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. It wasn't bad at all. Being at the top 5 out of the 83 contestants is already a great honor and a 'major major' achievement. Many said she could have won the crown as this year's Miss Universe if she answered Mr. Baldwin's question during the Q&A portion well. "What is one mistake that you've made in your life and what did you do to make it right?", asked Mr. Baldwin. She first thanked Mr. Baldwin and greeted the crowd. The she answered, "“You know what, Sir in my 22 years of existence I can say that there is nothing major major, I mean, problem that I have done in my life. Because I am very confident with my family, with the love that they are giving to me. So, thank you so much that I am here, thank you thank you so much." Her answer became a trending topic for a couple of weeks especially the "major major" thing. Nonetheless, we can't deny the fact that she did well in the stiff competition and she made many Filipinos proud again.

No comments:

Post a Comment